Anglophone Firm?

For those who don't speak French and prefer the discussion in Shakespeare's language
Dimeetree
Club préféré : Olympiacos SFP
Mon “autre” club favori : Impact de Montréal
Place dans le stade : 114

Anglophone Firm?

Message par Dimeetree »

Anglophone Firm?

Is there one? If not, anybody want to start one up?
"you're shiiiite! ahhhhhh!

Dimeetree
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sabre
Titulaire indiscutable
Titulaire indiscutable
Club préféré : IMFC
Place dans le stade : 132

Re: Anglophone Firm?

Message par Sabre »

Dimeetree a écrit :Anglophone Firm?

Is there one? If not, anybody want to start one up?
"you're shiiiite! ahhhhhh!

"I can't say much, but one day I will. One day I will." - Marc Dos Santos speaking to travelling UM02 members in Baltimore about his position with the front office.
shawn_strat
Poupon
Poupon
Votre vrai nom : Shawn Richardson
Club préféré : Montreal Impact
Mon “autre” club favori : Celtic
Place dans le stade : Anywhere I can

Message par shawn_strat »

Is it possible to be any less clear?

penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde
Club préféré : Standard de Liège/Impact
Mon “autre” club favori : Everton

Message par penz »

The guy wants to sing Liverpool songs.

nord end boys

Message par nord end boys »

I would but i doubt that we could gather up a good group of supporters not that there arent any around town im in the process of designing a couples of supporters flags for the upcoming inaugural mls season there gonna be sick

MTL GONES

Message par MTL GONES »

I would dont beleive its a bad idea we will need all the support we can get in the stands doubt it if you could find a big enough group to make one not that there isent enough around town im in the process of designing a couples of custom flags for the inaugural mls season there gonna be sick

Im an EX hooligan from greece creating a caldren it what i wanna see for our boys in blue

penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde

Message par penz »

MTL Hools, then north end boys, now MTL GONES (!?!). Stop being a clown, will you?

SteveBeau
Réel espoir
Réel espoir
Votre vrai nom : Steve Beau
Club préféré : Impact Montréal FC
Place dans le stade : Partout

Message par SteveBeau »

penz a écrit :MTL Hools, then north end boys, now MTL GONES (!?!). Stop being a clown, will you?
:mrgreen:

I get the feeling that this forum will become a lot more painful to read the closer we get to 2012...

Dimeetree

Message par Dimeetree »

penz a écrit :The guy wants to sing Liverpool songs.

Nah...I am a strong believer that you should not import anything that belongs in another stadium, over n the other side of the world to Montreal. The Ultras do that already and its kinda lame.... (even though I love the work they are doing).

I'm talking about a genuine alternative to the current set up which would generally make the ground seem more lively (not just on one end!).

There are enough people warm to the idea but how many devoted to it....I guess we'll see.

PS. more Greek hooligans at SS ! ;)

Dimeetree
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tucc
Réel espoir
Réel espoir
Club préféré : Montréal

Message par tucc »

Dimeetree a écrit : Nah...I am a strong believer that you should not import anything that belongs in another stadium, over n the other side of the world to Montreal.
Dimeetree a écrit : PS. more Greek hooligans at SS ! ;)
okéééé

«L'ennui, c'est que nous négligeons le football au profit de l'éducation.» [ Groucho Marx ]
Sabre
Titulaire indiscutable
Titulaire indiscutable

Message par Sabre »

so an anglophone "firm" is necessary, because it'd be a "genuine alternative", because it won't be importing something that belongs in another stadium, and will improve the atmosphere at the "ground".

"I can't say much, but one day I will. One day I will." - Marc Dos Santos speaking to travelling UM02 members in Baltimore about his position with the front office.
Dimeetree

Message par Dimeetree »

because there aren't any anglos in mtl already?

Dimeetree
penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde

Message par penz »

What's the first thing that greek hooligans are going to bring to the stadium in Montreal? Songs they hear in greek stadiums.
Cause that is what they know.

Dimeetree

Message par Dimeetree »

nah dude...you got that part all wrong...or most probably I was not clear, Its just that we're good to have in a large group of fans, like in section 114 - we are always passionate for the team and the sport! (our chants can stay @ home - nobody would understand them anyway ;) ). I can tell you that there are some of us that go to SS regularly and you don't see any negative importing of chants or anything else for that matter. I like the fact that the MTL fan base is a good mix (anyone who has been following since the Claude-Robillard days will probably attest to that as well) and I just believe that there should be more groups like the ultras....make SS really tough for opposing teams and improve the atmosphere in general. When i said "something genuine" in a post above....I guess I was just fearing the generic commercialization and "culture borrowing" that is present in other MLS team fan bases (TORONTO!)...and nobody wants us to turn into them, right?

Dimeetree
Sabre
Titulaire indiscutable
Titulaire indiscutable

Message par Sabre »

Dimeetree a écrit :nah dude...you got that part all wrong...or most probably I was not clear, Its just that we're good to have in a large group of fans, like in section 114 - we are always passionate for the team and the sport! (our chants can stay @ home - nobody would understand them anyway ;) ). I can tell you that there are some of us that go to SS regularly and you don't see any negative importing of chants or anything else for that matter. I like the fact that the MTL fan base is a good mix (anyone who has been following since the Claude-Robillard days will probably attest to that as well) and I just believe that there should be more groups like the ultras....make SS really tough for opposing teams and improve the atmosphere in general. When i said "something genuine" in a post above....I guess I was just fearing the generic commercialization and "culture borrowing" that is present in other MLS team fan bases (TORONTO!)...and nobody wants us to turn into them, right?

Your answer to not turning into blatant shit like Toronto... is to suggest going more british?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... kRTASg9sh8[/youtube]

And I dont give a shit about anglos at games, considering I've pissed people off due to the sheer fact of being one. But your reasoning and thought process is straight tarde

We, the UM02, aren't Europeans, and arent comprised of many. But we are better than many european groups. We do things differently than them as well.

Dimeetree

Message par Dimeetree »

I agree with you about all that, I like what you guys are doing, thats why my season ticket is in your section and has been for the last couple of years. but I never said anything about going British. Some others did. Anglophone does not always = UK. anyway...I don't wanna change the setup, I was just suggesting some more groups like yours around the stadium, guess it was a bad idea.

Dimeetree
Moutinho28
Joueur d'expérience
Joueur d'expérience

Message par Moutinho28 »

Dude, you started a thread called ''Anglophone Firm'' then you say you never said anything about going British? What do you want then? Especially that the word Firm refers directly to English football...

In any case, I don't know why there's a language debate about supporter groups. When we're in the stadium, we're all Mtl Impact supporters. That's all that matters.

penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde

Message par penz »

Finding fans willing to sing to support the team is hard enough. Putting restrictions on the language they speak would be a recipe for disaster.

Dimeetree

Message par Dimeetree »

well said. lets X this topic then. "

Dimeetree
Verrouillé Sujet précédentSujet suivant