Another canadian in Norway!

For those who don't speak French and prefer the discussion in Shakespeare's language
François
Champion national
Champion national
Club préféré : Real Madrid

Another canadian in Norway!

Message par François »

Farvel, Milan

Courtesy of the Toronto Lynx
18.February.2003
February 18, 2003 (TORONTO, ON) — The Toronto Lynx announced today that defender Milan Kojic has been transferred to FK Haugesund of the Norwegian First Division.

The 26-year old Hamilton native recently signed a new contract with the Lynx for the 2003 season, but received an invitation to trial with the Norwegian club shortly thereafter. He leaves the Lynx after three standout seasons, highlighted by a dramatic goal against the Richmond Kickers in the 2000 A-League quarterfinals which clinched the two-game series for the Lynx. He missed the subsequent Conference Championships against Rochester due to injury, and his presence was missed dearly as the Lynx narrowly lost to the eventual champions.

FK Haugesund finished the 2002 season in 9th place in the Norwegian First Division, and are looking to Kojic to bring stability to their backline. The club’s goal differential was minus 13, amongst the worst in the division, and Kojic’s rugged presence and aggressive play will be key to improving this in 2003. The team kicks off their 2003 season on March 13, when they host Moss, who were demoted to the First Division from the Tippeliga following the 2002 season. Ironically, Moss has signed two Canadian players in recent weeks, midfielder Patrice Bernier from the Montreal Impact and forward Rob Friend from the U23 Canadian national team.

Haugesund is a small city located on the western coast of Norway, nearly 200 miles west of Oslo. The town and the surrounding region, Haugalendet, is known as “Norway’s Birthplace”.

Kojic is the third player transferred to a European club in the past 9 months. Atiba Hutchinson was recently sent to Osters of the Swedish First Division and Marco Reda joined Sogndal of the Norwegian Tippeliga last June.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
ROBERT IRWIN -- MEDIA RELATIONS, TORONTO LYNX
416-251-4625, extension 30

Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental
Place dans le stade : Kop [132]

Message par Daniel »

Un autre ancien de l'Impact (mais réellement un produit du Lynx).

François
Champion national
Champion national

Message par François »

C'est vrai, on oublie qu'il a joué pour l'Impact...

The pigfarmer
Minime
Minime

Message par The pigfarmer »

Poor, Milan! Stuck in Haugesund, the town God forgot! Ha ha! But, seriously, Haugesund played in the top division just a few years ago, but wasn't able to stabilise on the level needed to stay there. The town is known in Norway for their annual heering-jazz-festival, and that probably says it all... Dixieland jazz is definitly not my cup of tea. They also host an annual film festival, and Norway's edition of the "Oscars". Some of the most important Viking-battles vere fought in this district. Battles that made Norway more united and under one king, instead of dozens of small "kingdoms". That's why it's called the "birthplace of Norway". ( Now I guess there will be posts in this forum by a history professor, who isn't satisfied with my simplification of our country's ancient history, but OK..) As you wrote, Francois, Moss will meet Haugesund in the first game of the season, in Haugesund. And we look forward to that, and we hope to win the opening game, of course, but it's an open question which team will win. Haugesund can be a real challenge, and the game will hopefully give us in Moss some answers on where we stand. It's hard to tell by the friendly's we've played, and since we vere sent down from the top division last year, we have sold some key players, and don't really know if the ones we've signed can fill their shoes. Bernier and Friend looks good, but it's difficult to say until they've played a few games against solid teams. The team will soon travel to Spain, and there they will play some games on natural grass. This is something most norwegian clubs do, as part of the preps for a new season. Normaly, the newspaper will have daily reports on how the team is doing, and with special attention on the new players, such as our new promising Canadians. I will come back then with more info. on how things are going for Patrice and Rob Friend.

The coolest pigfarmer in the world
Hiihaaa! Scream like a pig!
Allez l'porcs!
François
Champion national
Champion national

merci...

Message par François »

You are really the coolest pigfarmer in the world... :D
Come back anytime with stories like that, I just love it...
By the way, if I lose my job here can I go work for you on your farm?
:lol:

The pigfarmer
Minime
Minime

Message par The pigfarmer »

You're welcome dude! But, be prepared to get your pay in heaven, because working on this farm won't make you rich! As God said when he created the farmer: "You will complain all your life, but you shall not go hungry to bed!" ( Or something like that..?)

See ya!

The coolest pigfarmer in the world
Hiihaaa! Scream like a pig!
Allez l'porcs!
Répondre Sujet précédentSujet suivant