MFK is playing today.

For those who don't speak French and prefer the discussion in Shakespeare's language
François
Champion national
Champion national
Club préféré : Real Madrid

MFK is playing today.

Message par François »

I think against Hønefoss...and they lost 4-0...No news yet on Patrice Bernier.

The pigfarmer
Minime
Minime

Message par The pigfarmer »

Then I must give you a small report on this game. I was'nt there, but people who were say the team really sucked in this game. They played without putting their hearts into it, and the players seemed uninspired. Patrice Bernier was one of the few players showing class. The team coach were rather pissed off after the game, and he demands improvement from his players in the games to follow. Again the team were missing some key players, but that should'nt be an exscuse for this miserable performance! Hønefoss is in the same division as Moss. The name, Hønefoss, is also pretty funny. Translated into english it means something like hensfall. Høne = hen. Hen, the nasty half-bird that lays eggs, and foss = fall, as in water-fall. A sight for sore eyes, if you ask me! Bilions and billions of clucking eggmachines falling from a vertical mountainside into a huge river of disabled birds......

The coolest pigfarmer in the world
Hiihaaa! Scream like a pig!
Allez l'porcs!
François
Champion national
Champion national

MFK

Message par François »

I read somewhere that Moss will train in Spain or Portugal in March. Do you have any info on that?

Thanks again. How's the weather these days in Moss?

The pigfarmer
Minime
Minime

Moss FK will travel to La Manga, Spain on the 8 of March. They will play two friendlys, on the 11 and 14, against Tromsø and Aalesund. Tomorrow, on the 28 of February, they will meet Sandefjord, one of the bookies' favourites to win the division. Hopefully the team will improve in that game...The game will be played in Sandefjord, so I can only give you info. from the newspaper. I'll be on a little week-end trip to the mountains, but I'll be back Sunday and then I'm hopefully not too tired to write a small report

The weather these days is nice. Aprox. minus 10'C in the night, and a couple of degrees plus during the day, depending on the sun. Today it is rather cloudy, so I don't expect temperatures over 0'C.

Allez l'porcs!
Sigma

Message par Sigma »

La Manga must be a popular destination for Nordic clubs....

The Faroese national team had a training camp in La Manga a few weeks ago. :D

The pigfarmer
Minime
Minime

That is correct. La Manga is a huge sports-centre owned by the different nordic Football Federations. The point is that during the winther it is difficult for our teams to find good training facilities. There are some indoor arenas, but this is not the same as playing on natural grass. And when the football-season is getting longer every year, you need to travel south in the pre-season preparations in order to get the feeling. I guess that canadian teams have some similar problems? Some of the teams located up north have to shuffle snow to get the field ready when season starts in the spring. These days are the busiest on La Manga with 8-10 different teams on the spot at all times. Mostly norwegian and swedish teams.

See ya!

Allez l'porcs!
Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental
Place dans le stade : Kop [132]

Message par Daniel »

The Impact have preseason training and games indoors at the Soccerplexe, a new facility equipped with Fieldturf and a field which is around 80% the size of a full field.

François
Champion national
Champion national

Message par François »

The pigfarmer a écrit : La Manga is a huge sports-centre owned by the different nordic Football Federations.
Here is what it looks like...

The pigfarmer
Minime
Minime

That's indeed the place! Looks rather boring, but I guess the players aren't there for the nightlife....

Allez l'porcs!
François
Champion national
Champion national

MLS

Message par François »

I know that two other american teams trained there recently, Los Angeles Galaxy and San Jose Earthquakes...

Bxl Boy
Champion du monde
Champion du monde
Club préféré : RWD Molenbeek (47)
Place dans le stade : Tribune de presse

Message par Bxl Boy »

Yes, La Manga is a very courtised (?) place for a lot of teams where winter doesn't like summer (I mean Nice won't go there...)

PSV, Andrlecht and Bruges went there a year ago. It hosted the Belgian teams of Lokeren and Mouscron this winter, here are some pictures :

http://www.sport.be/nl/jupilerleague/po ... index.html

Répondre Sujet précédentSujet suivant