is parity a good thing?

For those who don't speak French and prefer the discussion in Shakespeare's language
GoodTimes
Votre vrai nom : Smoke Meat

is parity a good thing?

Message par GoodTimes »

heres something to think about.

is montreal better off joining a league that offers parity?
or
is montreal better off being the big fish in a small pond?

penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde
Club préféré : Standard de Liège/Impact
Mon “autre” club favori : Everton

Re: is parity a good thing?

Message par penz »

Depends how long the small pond will last.

juju l'international
Joueur de réserve
Joueur de réserve
Club préféré : Impact FC
Mon “autre” club favori : Barça
Place dans le stade : Millieu offencif

Message par juju l'international »

Both ponds are pritty small, this is North American soccer. Personally i prefer a ligue in wich player developpement is adequate and clubs are independent in terms of roster management. The MLS offers great exposure eaven thow it is considered a joke in the soccer world, but the Concacaf Champions league is one of the manny things that make the Impact an exceptionnal club and probably the most respected "Canadian" soccer franchise worldwide.

On r'part à zéro_ parceque c'est l'premier_ dans les ghettos qui font_ l'envie du monde entier.
J'sais pas_ où l'bonneur réside_mais j'sais qu'chez nous ça bat_ les records de suicide.

MANU MILITARI
Napule
Champion continental
Champion continental
Votre vrai nom : Francesco
Club préféré : FC MONTRÉAL
Mon “autre” club favori : SSC NAPOLI

Message par Napule »

The USL could be big enough. But alot of things are changing in north American Football. I have felt that for the longest time there is a lack of stability and direction. We are never sure who will stay and who will dissapear. All i know is that the USL is indeed becoming to small for an ambitious club like ours. In terms of football calibre, both leagues are very close. Its all about being in the so called top league in america. in reality, there is no top league in america of yet.Its like i said, football is still shaping itself. North american soccer is like a game of chess...In a few years our team will be in which league? MlS might change its name to ASL or something like that. For now, i prefer us being the big fish in the small pond. That fact proves alot about how much we progressed via the other teams. Now its up to the big guys in the administration and the league comissioners to act in the name of soccer and not their pockets. If they want our team like others that have been promoted to be viable, then they have to protect the teams that deserve a promotion and have the commisionners help them rise instead of charging them crazy fees for being good promoters of football in america. Thats why ,for now, we should just stay in the fish bowl. Besides...we have a good base unlike other teams...

Répondre Sujet précédentSujet suivant