Bernier close to signing!

For those who don't speak French and prefer the discussion in Shakespeare's language
Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental
Place dans le stade : Kop [132]

Bernier close to signing!

Message par Daniel »

Un email envoye a "Luis" Rancagua des Voyageurs:

Hi, Pat

Patrice is doing very well in Moss, and I'm pretty sure that the club will sign him on during the weekend. He's by far the most interresting
player in town right now, and I think he will be noticed in norwegian soccer. The way from Norway to England is very short when we're talking soccer.

Here's the article (you have to excuse my english, if the grammar's a bit rusty. Hopefully you'll understand it):

Bravo Bernier

Even though Rune Tangen (the manager) felt his players should've ran and not walked back to their own defence after the break, he once again had much positive to say about Patrive Bernier. Bernier played an offensive midfielder yesterday, og showed the audience that he's confident with that. Against Oern Horten (a team on the same level as Moss) friday, will Tangen place the canadian in a more defensive posision.
- Patrice is a very good player with good basic techniques. He has an eye for briliant solutions with the ball, and he's very safe and confident with the ball and his passes are great. I think he's gettin' better every day, and I'm looking forward to see more of his defensive skilles friday, says the manager, Rune Tangen. Bernier and the club has agreed on his personal contract, and the manager alone has the verdict. We believe 23 year old Bernier will sign a contract with Moss FK shortly.

Hope this helps you.

Best wishes from
Knut-Eigil Nesselquist
Sportsjournalist, Moss Avis

François
Champion national
Champion national
Club préféré : Real Madrid

Message par François »

He's the same journalist we contacted this week. Patrice is playing again Friday and we'll probably know on the week-end...

The pigfarmer
Minime
Minime

Message par The pigfarmer »

I must say that I am amased by the interest you guys show in Patrice Bernier! WOW! I really like the persistance in your effort to get information on the subject from people in Moss. I will, of course, give a full coverage, on this forum, on how Patrice is doing in fridays match against Ørn-Horten. If he does OK, in that match, he will most likely get a contract with Moss FK. I can also tell you that our club have a long tradition in helping young players to move on to bigger clubs. We have sold players to European top-leagues, and often players have been sold to Rosenborg, which is the number 1 club in Norway. They have won the norwegian legaue the last 11 seasons. This club is also the club in Europe, I belive, that has the record of attendance(?) in the European Champions League. This means that the players of this club gets to play against all the best clubs in Europe, with all the attention this bring. And players from Rosenborg are often sold to big clubs in Europe. As a suporter of Moss, I am sometimes a bit sad when we sell good players, but that's the nature of the game, and the economic reality. We are a small club without a big wallet, and it's our burden to be a club that developes players from grey stones to shining gold.

The coolest pigfarmer in the world
Hiihaaa! Scream like a pig!
Allez l'porcs!
Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental

Message par Daniel »

Yeah, because Canada doesn't have a domestic league, placing our best players in Europe is very important. Getting a foot in the door for the non-EU passport holders is usually the most difficult.

We know that Bernier is a very talented player and all hope that he will eventually attain a higher level than the Impact.

The pigfarmer
Minime
Minime

And with hard work, and the right attitude, he will be a hit. Not only in Norway, but eventualy in France, Germany, Spain or England. The sky is the limit...

Allez l'porcs!
Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental

Message par Daniel »

The pigfarmer a écrit :And with hard work, and the right attitude, he will be a hit. Not only in Norway, but eventualy in France, Germany, Spain or England. The sky is the limit...
Exactly, but not all is rosy. In Sweden, we have a young hopeful from this province (Wyn Belotte, 18), a striker, who didn't play for Norkopping (since relegated from the Premier), was subsequently loaned to Angelholms (First), didn't play there and were relegated.

However, Bernier seems to be more of a key player for Moss than a young signing.

The pigfarmer
Minime
Minime

I also think that he can be a key player for our team, but not automaticly. There are several good players in the club, but none of them have got Berniers style. So his success depends on how the team dos it with him on the field. We are one of the favourites in the division, and we will most likely be the team in the "drivers seat", during the games. That, I believe, point in favour of Patrice Bernier, because of his offensive qualities. So, if we were in the top division, I think maybe other players, with more defensive strenghts would have been prefered by the coach. I will not be surprised if Bernier is among the 11 to start the games, but if we are in the lead, and the coach wants to secure the lead, he will often experience to be taken off in the second half. Just a theory...

Allez l'porcs!
Bxl Boy
Champion du monde
Champion du monde
Club préféré : RWD Molenbeek (47)
Place dans le stade : Tribune de presse

Message par Bxl Boy »

Another good thing for Bernier is that, at the end of 2002, he received interest from Tromsø. If he plays in Norway, this club will still look at him. And Tromsø is, after Rosenborg, one of the most wanted "Norwegian players market" for european scouts.

Sigma

Message par Sigma »

Will the Impact get a transfer fee if he signs?

Has a Canadian A-League team ever received a transfer fee when a players signs with a European club?

Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental

Message par Daniel »

Sigma a écrit :Will the Impact get a transfer fee if he signs?

Has a Canadian A-League team ever received a transfer fee when a players signs with a European club?
I think he's a free agent (such is usually the norm with one-season A-League contracts).

Calgary received a substantial sum for Hirschfeld and I think they got a few 1,000s for like Hutchinson or something...

The pigfarmer
Minime
Minime

Yesterdays newspaper reports that one of Moss' best midfielders will get an operation for a bad hip. This I believe, will increase Berniers chance of getting a contract. I'll be back later with information from todays game against Ørn-Horten.

Allez l'porcs!
Répondre Sujet précédentSujet suivant