Chris Williams avec l'Impact?

Discussion concernant tout ce qui touche de près ou de loin le porte-drapeau du soccer québécois ainsi que la Major League Soccer
Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental
Place dans le stade : Kop [132]

Chris Williams avec l'Impact?

Message par Daniel »

Voir la section "Actualité".

François
Champion national
Champion national
Club préféré : Real Madrid

Chris Williams

Message par François »

http://www.umobile.edu/athletic/msocc012103.htm

CHRIS WILLIAMS EARNS HIS FIRST NATIONAL TEAM CAP

MOBILE, Ala. – Just a few days removed from seeing his childhood dream become a reality, University of Mobile senior midfielder, Chris Williams, reflected on earning his first cap for the full Canadian National Team.

“There were two guys originally rumored to go,” Williams explained. “Then I got an email saying, ‘Congratulations Chris. You and Miguel are going off.’ At that point I was thinking, ‘Congratulations for what?’ The email didn’t say, but just gave me my ticket information. I was clueless. I didn’t know until it was official.”

A NAIA 1st Team All-American, Williams helped the Mobile Rams men’s soccer team win their first national championship in the program’s history. Williams also has been a member of the Canadian U-23 Olympic Team for the last three years. And while most students were at home spending quality time with their families during the holiday break, Chris was spending the same kind of time with the Canadian Olympic Team.

“We had a camp in December, and then Coach Bruce Twamley told us that we have a camp in Mexico,” Williams said.

The Canadian Olympic Team camp, held in Guadalajara, Mexico, from January 7-14, is where the Mobile senior found out he had in fact been chosen to play in an international friendly between the U.S. and Canada.

Arriving in Ft. Lauderdale on the 15th of January, the Canadian National Team played the U.S. team on the 18th and lost 4-0. Playing 20 minutes, Williams’ parents had the opportunity to see their son fulfill a lifelong dream.

“My mom went to a restaurant so she and my dad could watch the game on satellite cable T.V.,” Williams said. “She said tears came to her eyes because she remembers when I was little boy and would say, ‘I’m going to play for Canada.’ I always said that it would happen one day, and I don’t think the feeling has sunk yet. I need to go back to my room and just look at my jersey for a couple minutes.”

Symoon-

Quand est-ce qu'on va le savoir si il à signé ???

Message par Symoon- »

Quand est-ce qu'on va savoir si il à signé ? parce que ca serait bien d'avoir un bon milieu à la place de Bernier, à la défense je crois qu'on à assez de profondeur.

Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental
Place dans le stade : Kop [132]

Message par Daniel »

Ben il reste deux postes vacants avec les départs de Braz et Bernier. Pour ce qui est de la défense, si nos défenseurs restent en santé (ce qui est pourtant rarement le cas), on devrait être correct.

Pour le milieu, on a beaucoup de jeunes milieux potentiels (surtout si Williams s'y ajoute et je ne parle même pas de Matondo!), mais en Bernier on perd un meneur de jeu et c'est cet aspect qu'il sera difficile de remplacer... P-e un retour au milieu pour Biello et une chance pour Rocco ou Rowland en attaque?

Répondre Sujet précédentSujet suivant