Arango à Toronto...Vincello à Montréal.

Discussion concernant tout ce qui touche de près ou de loin le porte-drapeau du soccer québécois ainsi que la Major League Soccer
François
Champion national
Champion national
Club préféré : Real Madrid

Arango à Toronto...Vincello à Montréal.

Message par François »

du site de nos amis...

Courtesy of the Toronto Lynx
23.Feb.2004
(TORONTO, ON) – Talented young Canadian U20 National team member was penned today to the 2004 Lynx Roster! The Lynx acquired the rights to defender, Andres Arango from the Montreal Impact in exchange for defender, Mauricio Vincello. Arango, a native of Toronto, was a starting defender on the U20 team that reached the quarter-finals at the Youth World Cup in the United Arab Emirates this past December, the best finish ever for a Canadian U20 squad. The former Humber College standout is entering his second A-League campaign after appearing in two matches with the Impact in 2003.

“Its great to finally be able to play at home in front of my family and friends,” said Arango. “The Lynx have always been a quality organization and with new coach Duncan Wilde and a quality group of young players, the organization has a very bright future.”

Wilde said, “The signing of Andres is confirmation of our intention to develop and create opportunities for our young Canadian potential. He is a talented Torontonian coming off a very successful Youth World Cup tournament. Andres is completely motivated to play for the Lynx and further develop his National team ambitions”. Wilde continues, “Andres is a recognized quality defender that shows great composure for a young player. His timing and ability to quickly assess each situation confirms he is ready to play at this level. I am sure he will become a very important part of our club and I would like to be the first to welcome him home to Toronto”.

In exchange for Arango, the Lynx part with former two-time Lynx Defender of the Year award winner, Mauricio Vincello. The Argentinean spent 4 seasons in Toronto, where his man marking skills have made him a favourite with Lynx fans. The durable Vincello, has been a staple at left defense where he has averaged 24 games played and over 2000 minutes per season during his Lynx career, recording 2 goals and 2 assists.

“Following the decision to sign Lewis Blois, I had no reservations about letting Mauricio go,” said Wilde. “I see no advantage in carrying 2 imports in the same position. I have committed to rebuilding the team with a strong emphasis on youth and this deal also allowed the opportunity to bring in Arango. I see it as another step of both our long and short-term development. Mauricio is a good quality player that served the club well and we wish him every success for the new season.”

LYNX RELEASE ARISTODEMO

Former Lynx Most Valuable Player, Robbie Aristodemo will not be back in Lynx colours for the 2004 season. The former A-League Rookie of the Year and Canadian National Team member has spent the off-season playing with the San Diego Sockers of the MISL and due to personal commitments has requested to be released from the Club. In three seasons with the Lynx, Aristodemo scored 3 goals and had 11 assists for 17 points in 72 games and was a popular Lynx player with fans due to his tenacious spirit on the field. The Club wishes Robbie every success in his future endeavours as he is negotiating with several clubs in North America.