Hirschfeld joins Luton Town

For those who don't speak French and prefer the discussion in Shakespeare's language
François
Champion national
Champion national
Club préféré : Real Madrid

Message par François »

LONDON (CP) -- Canadian international goalkeeper Lars Hirschfeld has joined Second Division Luton Town on loan for a month.

The 24-year-old from Edmonton is currently the No. 3 'keeper at Tottenham of the Premier League behind No. 1 Kasey Keller and backup Neil Sullivan.

With Sullivan recently back training after a broken finger, the loan to move is to give Hirschfeld some playing time.

Luton currently stands eighth in the Second Division with a 14-9-8 record.

Hirschfeld could make his debut for the Hatters on Saturday at home against Brentford.

"He looks very impressive so I'll see how he shapes up this morning and I might get him involved," Luton manager Joe Kinnear was quoted on Luton's official Web site.

"He'd come in for a month with a view to extending it to the end of the season. I've spoken to (Tottenham manager) Glen Hoddle and gotten the OK. The downside if we sign him permanently is that you lose him for international competitions."

Hirschfeld, Canada's No. 1 'keeper, has played 11 times for Canada.

The Canadian becomes Luton's fifth goalkeeper this season. Several others have had stints on trial with the team.