Playoff Lineups

For those who don't speak French and prefer the discussion in Shakespeare's language
SuddenIMPACT

Playoff Lineups

Message par SuddenIMPACT »

I came here to ask about Ze, and that's the very first thing I saw on your headlines, merd!!! With Ribeiro, do you think Nick brings Biello back to midfield to add depth there, or leaves him at forward and brings in Fukasawa?

M/F options:

Lyssand
Leduc
Ribiero
BIELLO

GBEKE
Sebrango

or

Lyssand
Leduc
FUKASAWA
Ribiero

BIELLO
Sebrango

Hooray for Boobies!
Bxl Boy
Champion du monde
Champion du monde
Club préféré : RWD Molenbeek (47)
Place dans le stade : Tribune de presse

Message par Bxl Boy »

Ribeiro is maybe out too...
I hope not, but Corbin will propably give us more news

impactsoccer sur twitter
Vision du Jeu, un autre regard
SuddenIMPACT

Ribeiro too? For both games? Guess that means Fukasawa must start. I'd def bring Biello back to midfield if Ribeiro is out as well. How would you play them???

Hooray for Boobies!
Bxl Boy
Champion du monde
Champion du monde

Message par Bxl Boy »

No, Ribeiro is not out for sure, and - according to the Gazette - it would only be for tomorrow's match
I'd keep Biello up front as he proved a lot more there, with Sebrango

So : Sutton - Braz, Gervais, Pizzolitto, Vincello - Fukasawa, Leduc, Ribeiro (or ???), Lyssand - Biello, Sebrango

Who else can be playmaker ? Hard question...

I'm not sure of the complementarity Gbeke - Sebrango

impactsoccer sur twitter
SuddenIMPACT

I dunno...If Ribiero can't play the first game, I think I'd feel better with Biello back and and a forward combo of Gbeke/Sebrango than a starting midfield of Fukasawa/DiPlacido with only Mert off the bench. Seattle will be attacking a lot at home, big guys like Gbeke/Sebrango could keep them honest while Biello solidifies the midfield.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback!

One more question:

Leighton O'Brien got a yellow card in the 1st game against Portland, and another yellow card in the 2nd game against Portland. Does that mean must sit tomorrow night?

Hooray for Boobies!
BoB
Joueur de réserve
Joueur de réserve

Message par BoB »

the combination of biello and sebrango as strikers gives the advantage that biello can play "defensively" and help the midfield if needed and he the team still dress 4 midfielders. But if the midfield is doing well, then we have two "dangerous" guy up front!

Allez l'impact!
penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde
Club préféré : Standard de Liège/Impact
Mon “autre” club favori : Everton

Message par penz »

If Ribeiro is out, I can only see Biello take his place and Gbeke and Sebrango go up front.

Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental
Place dans le stade : Kop [132]

Message par Daniel »

DDP's been getting playing time, expect him ahead of Masa. Probably Mert ahead, too.

SuddenIMPACT

I hear ya BoB, just don't agree. Galindo adds much more offense to Seattle.

So, IMO, I'd rather have 8 guys back (including Biello) and 2 big, true strikers pouncing on Seattle mistakes, than 8 guys back (including DiPlacido) and only 1 guy up front, plus Biello going back and forth.

But I say this assuming that Gbeke is healthy and Ribeiro is injured. Anyone have the latest news on those two?

Hooray for Boobies!
SuddenIMPACT

Daniel a écrit :DDP's been getting playing time, expect him ahead of Masa. Probably Mert ahead, too.

OK then, if Masa is that far down on the depth chart, lemme rephrase my earlier example: 8 guys back, including Biello, is better than 8 guys back including Mert.

Hooray for Boobies!
Y
Joueur d'expérience
Joueur d'expérience
Club préféré : IMPACT
Mon “autre” club favori : AJA, Ajax

Message par Y »

Don't worry...

Bxl Boy
Champion du monde
Champion du monde

Message par Bxl Boy »

Yesterday, Ribeiro said to RDS "I feel I'll be able to play"

We can also play with two defensive midfielders, one being sometimes more offensive, and Biello half midfielder / half forward and Sebrango as lone striker

But I'm not sure it's a style that De Santis likes...

impactsoccer sur twitter
SuddenIMPACT

Y a écrit :Don't worry...
d'accord, never mind 8-)

Hooray for Boobies!
SuddenIMPACT

As I was saying...

Better to have your best available midfielder in the midfield, and your 2 biggest and best pure scorers at forward. Would also be nice to give "DDP" a "D.N.P." tomorrow.

Hooray for Boobies!
SuddenIMPACT

I'm not from Montreal so can only understand some basics in the French forums, but in terms of the coaching this series, guys, where is the anger???

I'm pretty sure DeSantis is spelled the same way in both languages and no where did I see his name pop up in ANY of the French threads! Sutton should get blame too but c'mon, with all due respect to Seattle, who only had 4 bad minutes in the entire series, only 1 person blew this!

1) If starting DDP in game 1 was not bad enough, DeSantis starts him again in game 2 as well?!?!
2) This time he adds Mert to the starting rotation?!?!
3) With the game and series tied, with an overtime/mini-game looming, he stays with 3 defenders?!?!

Here are the facts:

Biello at forward in 2003 = 1st round exit, 0 goals for Mauro.
Biello at midfield in 2004 = CHAMPIONSHIP.
Biello at forward in 2005 = 1st round exit, 0 goals for Mauro.

More facts for this series:
DDP (starter) -2
Fukasawa (bench) +1
Gbeke (bench) + 2

Here are some opinions from Grant Needham:
"Never let the weaker team hang around"

Isn't starting DDP against former league MVP, and former MLS player, Leighton O'Brien in game 1, and then adding Mert for Game 2 BEGGING Seattle to please hang around???

"You're only as good as the services you get"

What services did DDP give in game 1 to ask him to start (this time with Mert!) in game 2?

Instead of playing offense and winning this series early, DeSantis chose to be conservative and go down early. Then AFTER Gbeke, who should have been starting all along, dug deep to tie things (twice!) he stayed offensive when he should have conservatively set up for the upcoming mini-game.

With the whole season on the line, and Seattle attacking, how could JJ Bailey be on the field?

Move Lyssand down to defend, bring in Cann, but DON'T play with 3 defenders, especially when you know a tired Seattle wants to avoid the mini-game AND that Sutton has not looked good!

I know Montreal was missing Ze. I know Grande is gone. I know Seattle is a very tough team, but Nick DeSantis was the only difference here. He coached the type of series that would make Bob Lilley smile. Not even. Lilley would never ask only 3 defenders to take him to overtime.

Hooray for Boobies!
kurosawa
Champion national
Champion national
Votre vrai nom : Ludovick Martin
Club préféré : l'Impact s'ti!!!
Mon “autre” club favori : Le Canada
Place dans le stade : Kop

Message par kurosawa »

Just one thing, yes I don't think we startedthe game with our best line up. I don't know if I would have started Gbeke But I know I would not have started DDP and Mert. But during the game I don't think deSantis had anything to do with the lineups, he was suspended and that is not really good for such an important match, you have to control your emotions.

SuddenIMPACT

True, he was suspended, but c'mon, you know he made the line up. According to CJAD he was at the booth and often on the phone, so he must take the hit for the moves made throughout. I don't think Nick should get fired, but he MUST take the blame here! Anything short of another championship 2006 will be a disaster.

Hooray for Boobies!
kurosawa
Champion national
Champion national
Votre vrai nom : Ludovick Martin
Club préféré : l'Impact s'ti!!!
Mon “autre” club favori : Le Canada
Place dans le stade : Kop

Message par kurosawa »

I don't think we can put expectations for 2006 yet, we don't know what will happen with the roster until then. Will Biello, Kolic, Sutton, Braz, Fukasawa, DiPlacido and Gbeke be back???

The first two are'nt getting any younger, Sutton and Braz have been rumored to look for european transfer this winter and Fukasawa only has a one year contract, will he go back to Japan??? Both DDP and Gbeke were late additions from the Lynx, will they go back there or stay here???

SuddenIMPACT

No matter who leaves, who stays, who is brought in, I count on Joey to again give us a loaded roster. The same way he has for straight 4 years now.

Nick can't make the same mistakes again in 2006.

Hooray for Boobies!
Répondre Sujet précédentSujet suivant