Boden - VSK 1-1

For those who don't speak French and prefer the discussion in Shakespeare's language
Robban B
Poupon
Poupon

Boden - VSK 1-1

Message par Robban B »

Another disappointing result, at least that's what I thought after I saw the final score. Boden are one of the newly promoted teams and are currently struggling to avoid relegation, so three points for us doesn't seem all that unlikely, right?

Well, reports are talking about a fair result with each teams having one half each. As normal it was VSK who started best, Boden didn't have one shot at goal for the first 30 minutes. That shot almost resulted, thankfully our keeper pulled off a fantastic save. A few minutes later and we get a corner that their keeper misjudges, the ball falls to one of our defenders who volleys in the ball out of reach from their keeper.

Halftime comes and goes and again we are back to our old sins. We stop playing, inviting Boden to take over which they gladly do. Our goalie keeps us in the game, pulling off one save after another while we resort to hoofing the ball as far upfield as we can. 65 minutes into the game and we can no longer hold up, they score after one of their midfielders turns our defence into static cones.

We have two more good chances but their keeper is acting as the human wall, after that we basically had zip. They had three or four good chances as well but the game stays 1-1 despite all. Both managers pleased with one point, probably sums up the game. Thanks to reuslts elsewhere, we climb into third place, four points behind the top two. Table here: http://www.svenskfotboll.se/Table.asp?T ... ntId=12823

We have a short break now, no game until 7th of july when we entertain Cafe Opera at home.

How are the Impact doing? Looks like you win every game...

Allez les Verts!
François
Champion national
Champion national
Club préféré : Real Madrid

Message par François »

Thanks again for the game report. 3rd place in the league, only 4 points behind, you must be pleased with that. On this side on the atlantic, well the Impact are doing well. We just beat Rochester twice in a row. We have a weird schedule here as we had 3 games in a row against the same team-Rochester. We beat them 3-2 on Friday night away and we beat them again yesterday at home 1-0. We are in first place in our division and second in the overall standings. Almost 6000 fans watched the game yesterday. We are playing this Saturday away to Rochester and we are going to that game by bus organised by the Ultras Montreal. I guess that we were able to replace Adam Braz. We have alowed only 8 goals in 13 games. Our defense is rock solid.

Take care my friend!

Robban B
Poupon
Poupon

Message par Robban B »

Yeah, quite happy with a third place. Just a shame that we only managed to take one point of the six available against Boden and Falkenberg.

The fixturelist looks a lot harder after the break, we are meeting nearly all of the top teams so I had hoped for a slightly better standing now, but third will do fine.

Where is Rochester? Is it far from Montreal? Hope you beat them again then, looks like you should know their style of play by now...;-)

Allez les Verts!
François
Champion national
Champion national
Club préféré : Real Madrid

Message par François »

Robban B a écrit :Yeah, quite happy with a third place. Just a shame that we only managed to take one point of the six available against Boden and Falkenberg.

The fixturelist looks a lot harder after the break, we are meeting nearly all of the top teams so I had hoped for a slightly better standing now, but third will do fine.

Where is Rochester? Is it far from Montreal? Hope you beat them again then, looks like you should know their style of play by now...;-)
Rochester is about 7 to 8 hours by bus...We are leaving Saturday morning at around 09h30 and we're back in Montreal early Sunday morning. We'll sleep on the bus...

Why do you guys have a long break like that until your next match?

Robban B
Poupon
Poupon

Message par Robban B »

I think that the thought behind this summer break is that the players should be able to enjoy a bit of the summer as well, but I can't say I think it's logical or especially clever. It has been like this for as long as I can remember, not that that makes it any better....

Ah, well, who knows what the brainiacs at the Swedish FA has in store for us next? Have a nice trip to Rochester, hope you bring a truckload of beer with you to keep the party spirit high during the trip back...

Allez les Verts!
salinanekol
Votre vrai nom : salina

Re: Boden - VSK 1-1

Message par salinanekol »

yeah Robban B you are rite that players should be able to enjoy a bit of the summer as well,
how ever have a nice trip too rachester

Moutinho28
Joueur d'expérience
Joueur d'expérience

Re: Boden - VSK 1-1

Message par Moutinho28 »

Did you really bump a thread from '03? Image

Jeremy
Réel espoir
Réel espoir
Votre vrai nom : Jeremy Aubry
Club préféré : Montreal Impact