Match July 8th - Sherbrooke?

For those who don't speak French and prefer the discussion in Shakespeare's language
Munich1860

Match July 8th - Sherbrooke?

Message par Munich1860 »

I'll be in town for the weekend and hoping to catch the match de foot. Could someone please let me know what "à Sherbrooke" means. I can guess that this probably means a different venue, but how do I get there?
Thanks in advance and greets from Germany (however, currently it's Texas)

penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde
Club préféré : Standard de Liège/Impact
Mon “autre” club favori : Everton

Message par penz »

You need to find a car, drive south-east for about an hour and a half, find the university campus there and go to the stadium.

Yes, we're playing a home game in another city... :roll:

Munich1860

Message par Munich1860 »

Thanks.. just figured that out myself as well...
Can I go there by bus? Is it still worth going there?
To be honest with you I'm more interested in the stadium/fans thing than the actual match, and I would reckon that not too many supporters will take the trip there. Or am I misjudging this?
Besides, do they have a "real" stadium there with teraces?

Munich1860

Message par Munich1860 »

And, why the hack are you playing your home matches 160km away from Montreal?!?

penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde

Message par penz »

I wouldn't bother if I were you. Unless you want to visit the region, the drive is quite nice actually. I think there is a bus, you'd have to look for it at Gare Centrale (Berri-UQAM subway station).

The stadium in Sherbrooke is crappy (some people won't agree with me), it's just one main stand with temporary metal/wooden stands around the the field. There's an athletic track. It's a nice stadium for athletics.

As far as fans are concerned, you will not see a flag nor will you hear a chant, as the kop doesn't seem to be bothering to go there this year (we're fed up with these stupid trips). Some of them will go to Quebec the week before (yes, the home game away from home happens twice a year). So you'lll only see people sitting on their hands talking about their kids and not watching the game.

Sadly, you won't be able to see the team play at home in our crappy home stadium. Next year, we'll have a brand new all-seater (cap. 13,000). It's being built right now right next to the olympic stadium.

penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde

Message par penz »

And we play our home matches 160 km away from home (or 250 km away, it depends on the city), because someone decided it was a good idea to promote football in the province. Go figure. They already have a hard time promoting it here in the city...

Munich1860

Message par Munich1860 »

Damn it, doesn't really sound too good...
Will miss my "countrypoint Canada" on my groundhopping list then... :)
Thanks for your honest and quick replies anyway.
By the way, I was really surprised to see that in the end there are some "european/south-american" style fans somewhere in north-america. You don't get to hear from them very often back home... Used to be in the munich 1860 ultra scene couple of years back. Fair play to those guys supporting the real sport in true style!

penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde

Message par penz »

Well if you want to know more about the Ultras, check out http://www.ultrasmontreal.com, cause this forum here is a general Impact/Football forum.

You'll find a forum dedicated to the kop/ultras over on the Ultras Montréal site.
And there are a lot of supporters groups in North America. The scene is growing really fast, because the teams have realized how much of a plus those groups can be. Well, they haven't realized that here just yet... maybe one day, when we stop playing home games away from our supporters... :lol:

penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde

Message par penz »

By the way, the promo is really bad, so i might as well tell you, just in case you don't know: we have a few games of the U-20 World Cup happening here in Montreal over the next few weeks. Instead of going to Sherbrooke, you might want to head over to the olympic stadium for Portugal-Gambia on July 8.

Munich1860

Message par Munich1860 »

Didn't know about that... thanks a million!
Will propobably be heading there then. Kick-off time?

penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde

Message par penz »

Kick-off time: 5:15 pm.

But we have other games too, check this out :
http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/matches/index.html

It all starts on saturday with Brazil-Poland + USA-Korea right here in our backyard.

Répondre Sujet précédentSujet suivant