last night...

For those who don't speak French and prefer the discussion in Shakespeare's language
Dichioneedsadietplan

last night...

Message par Dichioneedsadietplan »

There are a couple things I took from last night...

1- Barnett is not a main striker that Montreal can depend on. He clearly in my opinion was inaffective the entire match, unable to stay on his own feet at times. While he has tremendous speed, his limited ball control limits him to doing much for the Impacts attack.

2- The difference between the 2 teams last night was wasted balls(no pun intended). Montreal wasted way too many balls attempting a long ball game, while tfc played more of tactical game on a large pitch. Montreal should have realized the long ball game was not going to work and switch their game plan.

None the less Montreal deserved the victory, the foul on Placentino should of be recognized by the official. It would have been a penalty for Montreal and tfc would have been down to 10 men, changing the entire outcome of the game. Missing Nevio and Gaby Gervais showed as the IMpacts back end looked disgruntled at times. However that doesn't take away on how good of an effort the impact displayed last night.
WELL DONE BOYS!
Now a game vs Portland friday to end the goal drought!!

Invité

Re: last night...

Message par Invité »

I think the worst thing that could have happened last night did... We could have won and the game could have been different had they called the PK but....they need to bury the chances they get. Barnett would be better playing with Gbeke...they have different abilities and could really become a good duo with Gbeke's strength and Barnett's speed. Rocco was about the only positive in that game. I am sure he will be a good help...The key for the Impact now is to make sure they pick up all the points in the 2 matches with Vancouver, and try to get atleast a tie in the next TFC leg. Because it will be much harder next time against TFC Yes the Impact were without Nev & Gabby and a few others...but keep in mind that Guevara and Edu were not there either. TFC play through Guevara a lot more than Robert. I have been a long time fan of the Impact...and I would love nothing more than for them to be the Canadian rep for this competition but the truth is despite the good things that the organization is trying there are a lot of things that have to be done in order for us to really make a mark in this competition and be successful in the MLS. Examples of players we need...pure scorer...like we had in Sebrango years ago....super sub Commodore...or Paulinho who could change the game in a split second. They need someone in the middle that can create a lot more offence. Ribeiro can be that player but needs to be more agressive...take chances more often...not be afraid to shoot more...maybe rocco will give us that.. I will say this once Nevio and Gabby are back the defence will be solid. The good thing is when we join the MLS we may be able to bring back a lot of local guys that had to play abroad...like Occean, Bernier, Gerba. I still believe....I just expect more! Go Impact!!!

Répondre Sujet précédentSujet suivant