How come...

For those who don't speak French and prefer the discussion in Shakespeare's language
Sebastian

How come...

Message par Sebastian »

this forum is not more active? There are a lot of English-speaking football fans in Montreal.

"Strength and honor"
Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental
Place dans le stade : Kop [132]

Message par Daniel »

The regulars mostly post in French and we usually don't translate everything twice. This forum has usually been used for foreign correspondents. That being said, if you start some conversation, you can count on me ;).

Sebastian

Message par Sebastian »

Will the ultras ever start singing and chanting in English at the games?

"Strength and honor"
penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde
Club préféré : Standard de Liège/Impact
Mon “autre” club favori : Everton

Message par penz »

We mostly sing in French, but we have several songs in English.

Sebastian

Message par Sebastian »

That's cool. Once I assisted to an Impact-Rochester game where the ultras booed the Canadian :shock: anthem. That was very rude.

Question, when are we moving to the new stadium?

"Strength and honor"
penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde

Message par penz »

I guess we'll have to wait for the Stadium to be something else than some type of artist rendering of the facade before we can plan a move.
No idea what the Impact is doing with this. They're supposed to announce something (read: a move to the Olympic Park) any day now.

The ultras don't boo the canadian anthem, they boo the playing of national anthems before the game... :P :wink:

Sebastian

Message par Sebastian »

didn't they start to renovate the new stadium? The one close to Downtown? Weren't we supposed to move there in 2007?

"Strength and honor"
M@khno
Junior
Junior

Message par M@khno »

Sebastian a écrit :That's cool. Once I assisted to an Impact-Rochester game where the ultras booed the Canadian :shock: anthem. That was very rude.
Several ultras in the kop are booing all national anthems(amerikkkan or Kanadian), to show their anti-nationalistic convictions. It's also the only moment of the game to see us sitting down(not all ultras, but few of us). Unfortunately, its also the only moment where every people in the stadium are standing up.

Football is everything except a stupid patriot act!

Ultra unite!
Nationalism divide!

For the Impact-Rochester game, the booing was probably the softiest thing of the game :lol: :wink:

Are you going to the CCR on sunday?

Take 'em all, take 'em all
Put 'em up against a wall and shoot 'em
Short and tall, watch 'em fall
Come on boys take 'em all
penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde

Message par penz »

M@khno a écrit :Ultra unite!
:up: :banana:

Sebastian

Message par Sebastian »

It's the first time I hear that Ultras are against all national anthems. Usually, the Ultras are the most patriotic fans. Nationalism might divide, but I don't think that Patriotism does it. I am Romanian-Canadian and support both countries. Should they play each other in any competition, I wouldn't mind either one winning. I feel a citizen of this World, but when Romanian, Canadian (and sometimes Quebecer, Montrealer) teams win, I am proud.

I don't think I will go to CCR this Sunday. It will rain all day and I have to take care of few things. But I might follow the game on the radio (CJAD). Another hurdle is the fact that CCR is a little far from me. When the Impact will play in the new stadium, it should be much easier for me to get there.

"Strength and honor"
M@khno
Junior
Junior

Message par M@khno »

Sebastian a écrit :It's the first time I hear that Ultras are against all national anthems. Usually, the Ultras are the most patriotic fans. Nationalism might divide, but I don't think that Patriotism does it. I am Romanian-Canadian and support both countries. Should they play each other in any competition, I wouldn't mind either one winning. I feel a citizen of this World, but when Romanian, Canadian (and sometimes Quebecer, Montrealer) teams win, I am proud.

I don't think I will go to CCR this Sunday. It will rain all day and I have to take care of few things. But I might follow the game on the radio (CJAD). Another hurdle is the fact that CCR is a little far from me. When the Impact will play in the new stadium, it should be much easier for me to get there.
Not all ultras are against nationalism or national anthems. Some ultras believe in the modo "ultras no politica" and others are politics. In our kop, i believe than a majority of ultras are against national anthem. Some for political reason and others simply cuz they dont see any necessity for that.
It's not only here, ff you go in european stadiums, there a lot of antifascist/antiracist/antinationalists ultras like UI96 in belgium, USP in Germany, la Horda Frenetik in France. But there a lot of right wing and fascist too in these stadiums.
But being an ultra doesnt automatically mean to support his national team.
A lot of ultras are supporting their local club and that's all. I'm proud when the impact win, but i dont need any patriotic/nationalistic symbolic for that. The national anthem here is a useless american tradition for local game. Anyway, supporting the Montreal Impact doesn't mean to support our national team or to pledge allegiance to Kanadian State, so why playing national anthem before each game?:wink:
So that's my point of view, not the point of view of the whole Kop of Montreal. :)
Hope to see you some day in our kop!! 8-)

Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental

Message par Daniel »

Ignoring a national anthem is one thing. Booing it is, in my opinion, in bad taste.

dani
Cadet
Cadet

Message par dani »

Daniel a écrit :Ignoring a national anthem is one thing. Booing it is, in my opinion, in bad taste.
of course, its ridiculous

penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde

Message par penz »

Personnally, I think booing a national anthem is way less ridiculous than playing THREE national anthems for ONE regular season club championship game.

Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental

Message par Daniel »

Mpenza a écrit :Personnally, I think booing a national anthem is way less ridiculous than playing THREE national anthems for ONE regular season club championship game.
Has that ever happened?

Montreal_FC_Fan
Titulaire indiscutable
Titulaire indiscutable

Message par Montreal_FC_Fan »

Daniel a écrit :
Mpenza a écrit :Personnally, I think booing a national anthem is way less ridiculous than playing THREE national anthems for ONE regular season club championship game.
Has that ever happened?

Yeah sunday.

- Puerto Rico
- US
- Canada

M@khno
Junior
Junior

Message par M@khno »

Booing, is ridiculous?Maybe..But considering himself like a kanadian patriot or nationalist and standing up like a sheep during the Porto Rican/Amerikkkan anthem isn't ridiculous too?:roll:
I still prefer shout "Bush terroriste!" and "et on s'en fout!" during the anthem... For me, standing up during anthem is a political action, so I dont understand why people cannot answer to this with another political action, to protest against this useless nationalist crap?
Next time we can pray before the game, and tie some yellows ribbons around the goal... :lol:
For god and our country!?

M@khno
Junior
Junior

Message par M@khno »

Montreal_FC_Fan a écrit :
Daniel a écrit :
Has that ever happened?

Yeah sunday.

- Puerto Rico
- US
- Canada
THAT'S ridiculous!!

penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde

Message par penz »

Daniel a écrit :
Has that ever happened?
Granted it sounds like something one would make up... but it is the sad truth.

To me, national anthems have no place at a game where you have 5-6 different nationalities represented on the field, if not more.

It would be ridiculous if they were booed for NO reason at all, but as far as I know, the people who boo them have valid reasons to do so, and do so because they've thought about it and are ready to defend their position. It's not just "the fun thing to do" during the anthems... If it were the fun thing to do, we would probably want the anthems to stay... ;)

I guess the message that comes across, in most cases is this: WHY do we have to play anthems before the game? In other cases, it is a political statement (very valid in my opinion).

One can't qualify that as stupid. There's a message, there are thoughts involved. I'm not sure we can say the same about the playing of national anthems. In my opinion, they're just played because they play them in baseball, hockey, football... and every morning in American (or is it Amerikkkan? :wink: ) schools... Nobody stopped and reconsidered the idea.

So... which one is ridiculous? Brainless following or sending messages?

M@khno
Junior
Junior

Message par M@khno »

Mpenza a écrit :
Daniel a écrit :
Mpenza a écrit : So... which one is ridiculous? Brainless following or sending messages?
:bravo2:

carolangers
Réel espoir
Réel espoir
Club préféré : Impact/SCO d'Angers
Place dans le stade : 132

Message par carolangers »

Mpenza a écrit :and every morning in American (or is it Amerikkkan? :wink: ) schools...
Not only american schools, but canadian schools as well. And in some catholic schools, they do National anthem AND the prayer!

L'outaouais EST québécois, et fan de l'Impact
Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental

Message par Daniel »

I think American schools to the Pledge of Allegiance every day.

YO

Message par YO »

Daniel a écrit :I think American schools to the Pledge of Allegiance every day.
Is this Brainwash? Hum... noooooooo

Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental

Message par Daniel »

Ooh, everyone check their buzzword Bingo card!

nasir

impact me

Message par nasir »

i am a fan down in nigeria africa and it is really hard for me to get da impactsoccer jersey so can avy help send one to me my address is mogadishu battalion,nigerian defence academy,kaduna nigeria. i luv da impact soccer team dey hav made a impact in my life and my name inusa nasiru mohammed i luv nash bcos of nash in my skool da call me nash to bcos mi always talk about him wen peolpe talk about soccer players dey like nash is number one up up impact make impact in soccer history.

Répondre Sujet précédentSujet suivant